This is a test
From Clarksburg: Adaland is 22 miles from Clarksburg and can be reached by taking Interstate 79 to Exit 115. Take WV Routes 20 and 57 to Philippi and proceed 3 miles on US 119N. Turn onto WV 76 for 1 mile. Visitors from the south can take WV Route 33 to Elkins and WV Route 250 to Philippi. Adaland is located 14 miles from Bridgeport, WV and can be reached by taking US Route 50 to WV Route 76 to Flemington (go under the railroad overpass).
50 miles from Morgantown, WV
150 miles south of Pittsburgh, PA
3 hours from Charleston, WV and from Parkersburg, WV
4 hours from Washington, DC and from Beckley, WV
4 hours from Columbus, OH and from Baltimore, MD
BARBOUR COUNTY HISTORIC ATTRACTIONS
Barbour County, WV is rich in history with ten properties listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Visitors may need to make arrangements to view individual properities.
All of the places listed are within easy driving distance of Adaland. All structures have markers.
Adaland — on WV 76
Carrollton Covered Bridge — built in 1856 on Middle Fork Road — off US 119 South (currently under repair due to fire damage)
J.N.B Crim House — on WV 57 West at Elk City
Bernard E. Wilmoth House — Belington
Golden Rule Store Building — Belington
Structures in the City of Philippi:
The Historic Downtown District of Philippi, roughly bound by Pike, High, Walnut, Wolfe, Main, and Wilson Streets and the Tygart Valley River.
Philippi B&O Railroad Station with Museum — Main Street. A tour booklet is available here.
Philippi Covered Bridge — built in 1852 — scene of First Land Battle of Civil War — junction of US 250 and US 119
Barbour County Courthouse — built 1903-1905 on Court Square
Peck-Crim-Chesser House — located on Walnut Street behind the Courthouse — built in the 1880’s
Whitescarver Hall — on the campus of Alderson-Broaddus University — first used by students in 1912
For nearby lodging visit Angel Band Farm, a bed and breakfast on the Tygart River.